Wednesday, July 15, 2009

M&C Attack!


Aiyiyi...I did get up and exercise by it wasn't easy after the macaroni and cheese extravaganza last night. As mentioned yesterday, M was coming over last night and I had some surprises in store for her birthday. The big surprise was making two different versions of macaroni and cheese -- one rather inexpensive and the other was a dairy farmer's dream with 5 different kinds of cheese.

I didn't get pictures as I was too caught up in the cooking, but M did some filming and I can't make any promises but there is a possibility that this footage may be available for your viewing pleasure at some point.

In the interest of both glamour and science, there was a sparkling chardonnay tasting as well. This doesn't happen often, but that bottle of bubbly didn't cut it with either of us and was poured down the drain. A delicious bottle of fume blanc saved the night though!

And, I think I've discovered something new: The Cheese Hangover. Ironically, cheese is named as a hangover cure -- check this out . So, if I eat more cheese, will this cheese hangover go away?

We will bring you the macaroni and cheese recipe that we like the best. I'm not holding out on you. It's not quite ready yet. This is one of the interesting things about using other people's recipes: a lot of times they need a little tweaking. If you read my other post about the m&c project, you know that I looked at a number of recipes before embarking on last night's feast. After making both versions, both M and I felt that further improvements could be made. We made some changes on the fly last night, but still didn't feel that the finished products delivered the right levels of taste and fun. So, hang in there with us a little longer on this one.

Food & Kisses, GiGi

No comments:

Post a Comment