Monday, July 13, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is a special day, it's my birthday - and I have to give some thought to the tradition of the birthday cake. Personally, I like an ice cream cake (cookies ' n cream ideally) but recently, I attended a birthday party over the weekend that featured a homemade, single layer, chocolate birthday cake served with homemade whipped cream. Divine.
The one responsible for this lovely offering that melted in your mouth said the secret was the cake baked at 275 degrees! And that there was coffee in it.
Coffee, I get - I mean who doesn't know to add a pinch of instant espresso to anything chocolate to deepen the flavor? but 275 degrees?
Madness, no?

Anyway - I had to find out more about the whole "Birthday cake thing" found some interesting info on a site called Tokenz.com - check it out by clicking here.

Ok - if I get near a birthday cake today - I promise to take a picture and post :)
Food & Kisses, M

No comments:

Post a Comment