Thursday, July 30, 2009

Lions and Tigers...and Cucumbers!!! Oh, My!

Oh boy, Oh boy...I picked up my farm share today -- here's what I found in my packages:




Yes, you are seeing correctly -- many cucumbers. These will be added to my collection of cucumbers that I haven't used from last week. As of last night, I had managed to pretty well use up what I had accumulated from the last two weeks, but not the cucumbers. I'm not a huge fan of them and my SO doesn't eat them at all. I suspect my lovely co-workers are going to get a crack at them tomorrow.

Another option to deplete my stash is bestow them on my dear family who I will see this weekend. They are usually up for just about anything that I make...actually, I can't think of one thing they've ever rejected without at least trying it first -- even my kimchee experiments!

Here are a couple of things I'm considering trying:

Lee Hong's Cucumbers -- I'm intrigued by the author's statement that people always want to take the leftovers home...hmmm...

Or maybe Japanese Vinegared Cucumbers

Another strong possibility is Gazpacho -- check out this version -- Not sure about the inclusion of carrots in this recipe, but that could be worked around.

With a little spare time on my hands, pickles wouldn't be out of the question but that spare time is going to be scarce over the next few days.

So, what's a girl to do? I mean, I can only wear so many cucumber slices over my eyes...Please submit your cucumber suggestions in short order!!!

Food & Kisses, GiGi

1 comment:

  1. Gigi,
    I think that this is one of the reasons I've always been hesitant to do a CSA share...I find the variety isn't always there and when you live alone, it can prove daunting to try to use them all up. Nevertheless, I love the idea of gazpacho, and cucumber sandwiches are a summer vice of mine (in fact - think I'll have that for lunch).
    Thanks for the inspiration lady!

    ReplyDelete