Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hungarian wine traditions ....And the whole "fish soup party" thing


Ok - so one of my passions is wine - I do some interesting stuff with it (including something called The Women's Wine & Dine) - there's a blog for that too.
In fact - I was motivated by my participation in a Fish Soup Party yesterday to post specifically about Hungarian wine - if interested in reading about that - click here.

Anyway - this is a post focusing on the food aspect of things. Hungarians like to eat & drink (preferably in large quantities) - and that's one of the reasons I've wholeheartedly embraced this culture since dating a Hungarian native...

In fact - cooking is considered a very "manly" thing and Fish Soup (or Halászlé) as it's called in Hungarian is really good stuff (when it's well made). My guy happens to be a "Fish Soup God" - which means he catches the fish (on average 30+ lbs of it in a given catch), he cleans the fish, he cooks the soup.
The soup is prepared traditionally over open flame and requires deft seasoning & proper care

No comments:

Post a Comment