Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Researching Macaroni and Cheese


I'm sitting here surrounded by a baker's dozen of cookbooks.

Thus commences the research on the Food & Kisses Macaroni and Cheese Episode. You see, gentle readers, the Glitzy Gals here at Food & Kisses are launching a production company aimed at bringing our glamourous kitchen style to the world via the Internet.

So, here I am, up too late with a large stack of books sitting next to me. Feeling content and overwhelmed at the same time. I know I should go to bed, but what treasures I have already discovered...

Pam Anderson's "The Perfect Recipe" had me ordering up a copy of John Thorne's "Simple Cooking" within five minutes of starting my research. I may have owned that book at one time and lost it in the shuffle of many moves back in the 1990's. In any event, I remember the book is classic and well, what the hell, when I already have about 800 cookbooks.

I will let you in on a secret that I've already discovered: forget what you thought you knew about macaroni and cheese. The really good stuff isn't made the way you would think at all. Can't let the cat too far out of the bag right now though. Alternatively, I've stumbled upon a trick using the boxed stuff that I'm going to try -- It's somewhat outrageous. Don't know if that will make it past the editor, but I think it's important to come at this from a variety of angles. Hopefully it will because I know some of the viewing audience isn't going to make the leap to the lobster/truffle/cognac version!!

Nitey-Nite -- Food & Kisses, GiGi

No comments:

Post a Comment