Saturday, July 11, 2009

Secret Beauty Routines

Last week I was on a most excellent vacation with my SO and indulged in some of my favorite vices (fried foods, ice cream, pizza, margaritas, great wine, etc.). Since I've returned and getting back into my routine, I've gotten less sleep than I need too. This morning I did finally get a full night's rest. Unlike a lot of people, sleeping is kind of boring to me -- I figure I'm going to get plenty of sleep one day when I am physically not able to do what I like or am just plain gone -- so I like to push myself pretty hard.

But, a fast pace does catch up to one and sometimes you have to slow down and take time for certain things that are your own personal foundations of glamour. It's hard to beat sleep for it's incredibly restorative properties.

In addition to sleep, I find that if I take a step back and lean harder on the fresh fruits and vegetables for a bit, that helps too. So, today, I've done just that. I started with a smoothie made with banana, raw chocolate, and fresh almond milk. I know it sounds a little weird, but it tastes great and is easy on my stomach.

In anticipation of needing this cure, I had laid in a supply of a 5 lb. bag of granny smith apples and 5 lb. bag of organic carrots as well as a hunky-chunk of fresh ginger. So, I was off and running with the juicer mid-morning and by lunch time was sippling this yummy cocktail of anti-oxidants:



After working out, lunch followed and included a raw zucchini pasta with a fresh tomato sauce.

So far so good...and then I stopped by the liquor store to "buy just one bottle of champagne"...next thing I know, 9 bottles are in my cart and well, if you are going for 9, you might as well just go for the case. I mean, afterall, first of all, the case discount results in a free bottle and also, my little stash was missing some key wines that I like to have on hand on a regular basis...therefore, this happened:



I don't have a secret beauty routine involving wine other than it certainly makes me feel beautiful after I have two glasses.

Next up, I'm headed for the shower and post-showering, I will lovingly apply pure, organic coconut oil on my skin instead of a commercially made moisturizer.

Oh, and one more secret beauty routine -- doing something you find relaxing -- for me that is knitting. I just finished a rather lovely item. Take a look:



Stay tuned for tomorrow's sauerkraut report!!!

Gotta Run!

Food & Kisses, GiGi

No comments:

Post a Comment