Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Musings

Oh, the end of the work week...and so close to the time when I can get my hands around some projects that I've been thinking about. So, the thing is, I've got this real bee in my bonnet to clean out all of my closets -- I can't stand it anymore!!! I can hardly get anything in or out to wear in my bedroom. It's time to move out the summer stuff and see what's in store for fall. The closet that contains my fall/winter things is just as stuffed and crammed. So, it's time.

Last night I practiced by first cleaning out my pantry. It too had become a bit of a nightmare. Mind you, there's almost nothing to eat in there. It's just shelves of ingredients that could be something to eat if I would make something! There is one box of soup and one package of Channa Masala -- everything else needs the transformational process of cooking. I got through this project and then rolled onto the spice cabinet. Sheesh, how long does anchovy paste keep??? I think it's keeps a long time...

Next up was the cabinet where I stash clean, empty, recycled jars. I like having a selection of different sizes and shapes and anything that a label will come off of easily is always near and dear to my heart. However...I cleaned out a whole grocery bag full and the cabinet still looks as full as before the purge.

I've attacked my freezer recently, but still was able to find a couple of things on their last legs -- some old odd bits of ice cream had to go -- ok, it was a good excuse to eat the last of La Lou's Black Mission Fig (La Lou is awesome stuff).

Handling all of my pantry treasurers gave rise to numerous thoughts like, "oh, I should make XYZ...look at this, it would be fun to make blah, blah, blah". And, then my mind starting spinning up the idea that while I'm cleaning out the closets, I could be also baking/roasting/drying/boiling/simmering all manner of things. After all, how long does it take to stir something once in awhile? So, yes, the closets are getting worked on, but I will be fitting in a few cooking projects. I promise a few pictures and still owe a picture for the watermelon popsicles I concoted last week. My darling SO (who is out of town right now and I'm missing tremendously) and I ate them the other night and declared them fine and dandy.

So, stay tuned for some food pics from the next couple of days!!

Food & Kisses, GiGi

No comments:

Post a Comment