Monday, November 9, 2009

What I Would Cook if I Could Cook Right Now...

Sounds kind of like, "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck...?"

Busy weekend and now, another busy week. I will not get into my kitchen until Wednesday at the earliest. My farm share items are ganging up on me and Thursday is almost here again!!!

Two board meetings tonight so, all I can do is fantasize about what I would cook if I could cook.

(1) Crown Roast of Pork Stuffed with Wild Rice and Cranberries served with a Dijon Mustard sauce -- love this dish. Actually, it's my own creation too. The thing is, it makes a very large amount of food because when you order a crown roast, you are ordering a rack of pork chops and you need so many to make a circle. And, this is the time of year for it too. Unfortunately, no events on my horizon that call out for this dish. Boo Hoo. I continue to fantasize.

(2) A big pot of Spaghetti and Meatballs -- my all time favorite food in the world. I have not made sauce in ages. For starters, my freezer isn't large enough to hold the overflow. Secondly, I have to be home all day on a weekend day. Maybe one day this winter when it snows...

(3) Waffles -- especially, pumpkin waffles. I have a relatively new waffle maker. It could be that I've only used it once.

(4) A big day of using my new, fancy commercial dehydrator (an early and wonderful Christmas present).

(5) A day of getting comfy with my Green Star juicer.

(6) A successful sourdough bread experiment. I've had many, many failed ones. One day, my ship will come in.

That is enough for now. Why torture myself further? Working is getting in the way of cooking. Life ain't fair.

Food & Kisses, Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment